Pages

Sunday 15 April 2012

Karen's Pyjama Party

I am so excited that Karen from Did You Make That? is hosting a Pyjama Party Sewalong. Pyjamas have been on my to-make list for so long, and now I have a great excuse to move them right to the top.




I love pyjamas, I think they are quite possibly the most comfortable item of clothing ever invented, and I look fondly back to my student days when it was considered acceptable to wear pyjamas for most of the day! These days I can only get away with it at the weekends...and even this is a rare occurrence. So, I am a huge fan of the pyjama. However, being tall I do have trouble finding pyjama trousers that are long enough. Nobody appreciates the trouser-sock gap! So sewing my own is a great solution to this problem. Also....one pattern piece! What's not to love?!




I will be using this pattern, Simplicity 2116, which I currently have on order from my local haberdashery department in Fenwicks (going into a shop and buying a pattern was a completely new experience for me, and funnily enough something that I had never given much consideration before...no postage?! Fantastic!). They were out of stock of this particular pattern (who knew that Leicester was such a hub of pyjama fanatics?!) but it should be in by the end of the week...and luckily for me they currently have a sale on for Simplicity patterns (thanks to Marie for the tip!), I got it for the bargainous price of just £2!

I know I should be stash busting, especially after my Walthamstow splurge, but I just couldn't resist picking up these two fabrics from Leicester Market yesterday with pyjamas in mind...the animal print is just so cute, and is just screaming pyjamas at me! I can't wait to pick up my pattern next week and get going!



In other news, on Friday I left my job at the university where I have been working for almost 5 years, to take up a new "grown up" job at a research charity (I start tomorrow, argh! I am very excited but also apprehensive). Just take a look at the amazing card my colleagues got me...so many knitted characters! Someone knows me well.


I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend. Who else is joining in with the pyjama party? I can't wait to see everyones all made up :)

K xx

16 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow my lovely, let me know when you fancy meeting up :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yooou! The next 3 weeks are looking very busy but after that we should sort something out for sure :)

      Delete
  2. Eep! They are fabulous pyjama fabrics. What a good idea to order the pattern from a store and forego postage. Why have I never thought of this? I'm so pleased you're excited. I think you're going to be in good company, judging by the number of people who say they're sewing pyjamas. Party on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a new one for me too Karen! They were having a half price offer on Simplicity patterns this week...dangerous!

      Delete
  3. Good luck for the new job chicky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the new job! And I cannot deal with how cute that safari animal fabric is. (I also somehow missed the pajama sewalong post, so THANK YOU for calling that to my attention, totally on it now, haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Glad to have been of service...I look forward to seeing your PJs!

      Delete
  5. What's not to love about pyjamas, and I love your fabrics! Being small, the trouser-sock gap has never been on my radar, but I can definately see your point. And good luck in your new job! :)

    I have nominated you for a blog award. All the details are on my blog http://ozzyblackbeard.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/fo-all-seasons-cardi.html

    I think the idea is to spread the word about crafting blogs, but if you don't want to pass it on don't worry! Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the award Lynne! I am totally on it :)

      Delete
  6. I'm joining in too! I've got some stash fabric in mind but its not as exciting as your choices, which are fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was controlled enough to use stash fabric for this project, but I just cannot resist a novelty print...!

      Delete
  7. Hey Kat - love your material choice for the PJs! I'm joining in too - I've needed some new PJs for a while so it's a perfect excuse. Good luck with your first day in the new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I look forward to seeing your PJs :)

      Delete
  8. Very best of luck for the new job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...