I am really really happy with the way it turned out :) I think one of the things i am most proud of is the hem of the lining...
When i first started the lining i thought pretty early on that i had made a huge mistake as the fabric i chose was very slippery and frayed A LOT. However, it actually turned out alright. When it came to the hem, i decided to use some bias tape that i had lying around (and just happened to be an appropriate colour!). I cut the bias binding in half and sandwiched the raw edge in between. I then sewed around the top of the binding, and voila, a nice neat hem line! I used the same technique with the bias binding for the skirt hem to cover the raw edge. However, instead of handstiching the hem like Tasia recommends here (because i was too lazy/impatient!) i folded over the 1 1/4 seam allowance and sewed that up. This did leave me with a visible stitching line on the right side of the skirt, but i don't mind this as it is not too obvious.
There are things about the skirt that i am not completely happy with, or that i would improve on next time (yes i am already planning a next time!), for example the zip is more visible than i would like, due to me not mastering the insertion technique quite right. Also some of my stitching is a bit wobbly. And for some unknown reason my facing is a good inch shorter than the waistband, which means that when i did the Ditch-stitching i ended up sewing the lining and bunched it up a bit at the waistband. However, overall i am delighted with the finished result - my first ever garment! I also really enjoyed taking part in the sewalong, Tasia's posts are so incredibly detailed and easy to follow, i would definitely recommend taking a look if you haven't already.
This afternoon i am off to Amsterdam for a work trip...guess what i will be wearing on the journey....yep my Crescent Skirt!!
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!